Saturday 9 April 2011

Fitness First Monument

Swan Lane
London Bridge
London
EC4R 3TR

Tel: 020 7623 6895

Date of visit: April 2011

Fitness First does a really good job of advertising its free day pass and as always, I booked mine on the Internet. I called Mo and arranged to meet him at 11:30 on Friday morning. On arrival Mo was friendly and I liked him (However, see my note below on customer service). He gave me the normal disclaimer to fill in and sign and then just told me to go and train. I wasn’t even told what they had.

I can tell you that you’ll only want to train in this place if either your office is very close or you want to play squash. The gym, which is under the north side of London Bridge, consists of about four squash courts and some gym equipment placed in a small room and along the corridors – this is a maze! I should compliment Fitness First on their creativity. They have eight treadmills and about twenty cardiovascular pieces altogether. There is a small free weights section and machines scattered about the place. This is a very basic place.

Good Points: At the time I went into the gym it was not crowded. They have squash courts, if you are looking for that. The staff did seem friendly.

Bad points: The gym is old and needs painting at least. It’s on about three floors and it just doesn’t feel like you’re in a gym. There are only about two mirrors in the whole place – Sorry, I’m vain! I need more than this! There didn’t seem to be any vibe in this place. I’m really sorry, but I’m a high-energy cat and I wouldn’t thrive in this ambience.

Note on customer service: I have found that in general Fitness First doesn’t really do a very good job of training their staff in the field of customer services. If you are working in the industry and would like to know how to behave, book yourself into the Savoy for a few nights and take notes on how the staff treats you! That’s what the staff at The Third Space (see another review for this club) seem to have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment