Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Reebok Sports Club

16-19 Canada Square
London
E14 5ER

Tel: 020 7970 0925

Date of visit: November 2010

I really enjoyed working out in this place and found it packed with energy. After arranging a free workout over the phone, I went to meet Kaley, who showed me around. She was really nice and quite professional.  My only grip was that she didn’t show me all the studios and tell me about all their classes. This gym is big and has almost everything. It has free weights, lots of machines, including some nice free motion equipment – I’d say that the cable crossover was the best that I’ve used. They have about 80 cardiovascular machines, a basketball/five a side football court, which is in the middle of the second and third floors. There are 6 studios in total with an extensive timetable of classes. They also have a 23-meter swimming pool and a spa.

The male changing rooms are vast and the lockers are coded like a hotel safe box - so you don’t need a padlock or card. All towels are free and can be picked up in the changing rooms – I used 3 (sorry, that’s really not environmentally correct!). There are plenty of showers, with adjustable temperature and shower gel and conditioner. The male locker room also houses a sauna and steam room (ladies have the same facilities). I also saw a standing tanning bed, which, I believe is free to members.

Good Points: All the equipment was to a high standard; all running machines had a touch screen TV. There were lots of mirrors, i.e. in front of the running machines and you could see a mirror from most of the other machines. At lunchtime the vibe was good, with lots of bankers running around trying to squeeze in a power work out before getting back to the office. The gym was vast and never packed.

Bad Points: Somehow the lighting in the free-weights area wasn’t intense enough, but in other areas of the gym it was ok. They have carpet in various areas of the gym, including the changing rooms. Of course most people walk barefoot on it and so there is a constant smell of cheesy feet in the changing rooms.

Final Thoughts: This place is comparable to 37 degrees, it feels a bit bigger and in my opinion it’s much better in every way. Kaley said that I could join for £35 and then £94.50 per month, no contract and just one month’s notice to cancel.  This was the corporate rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment